Chai Protein Muffins with Peanut Butter & Banana
Posted on Saturday, January 10 2015 12:07:00 PM in Chai Protein by Afterpay Support
This delicious Chai Protein Muffin recipe was created by the lovely Adele (@adelemaree) and is a great little healthy snack on the go! Check out her blog for fashion, health, beauty, food and all things pretty!
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 muffins
– ½ cup x wholemeal flour
– ½ cup x dry oats
– 2 x tablespoons of raw/brown sugar
– 1 x teaspoon of baking powder
– 2 x tablespoons of Chai Protein powder
– 1 x cup of mylk
– 1 x tablespoon of coconut oil
– 1 x flax egg / egg substitute
– 1 x teaspoon of vanilla
– 3 x tablespoons of peanut butter
– 2 x ripe bananas
1. Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees. My oven is fan-forced and this is the temperature I set mine too!
2. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Mix through the wholemeal flour, dry oats, sugar, baking powder, and Chai protein.
3. To the dry ingredients add the mylk, egg substitute, oil, vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add the bananas, mash these up before using them. I found microwaving mine for 5 seconds, softened them and made mixing them through easier.
Also add the peanut butter and mix thoroughly again.
5. Separate the mixture into muffin trays, ensure they have been sprayed with non-stick spray first. You could use patty cases if you wanted too.
6. Place into the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins turn golden.
7. Remove the muffins from the tray and allow to cool.
8. Garnish with extra peanut butter and banana if you wish!
You can read Adele’s review about Chai Protein here: http://adele-maree.tumblr.com/post/117417079035/vanilla-chai-protein