Chai Spiced Granola With Almonds & Coconut
Posted on Tuesday, December 23 2014 01:50:00 PM in Chai Protein by Afterpay Support
A fragrant granola with a good amount of chai spice, coconut, and almonds!
Chai Spice Mix:
1 and ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ginger powder
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
1 and ½ cups rolled oats
¼ cup quick-cook oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup whole unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
¼ cup maple
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup roughly chopped dried figs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
2. In a small bowl, whisk together ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ginger powder, and ground cardamom. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, quick-cook oats, coconut flakes, and almonds. In another small bowl, mix honey, coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add wet mixture and spice mixture to dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined. (The mixture will come together in clumps. I find it is easiest to use my hands.)
4. Spread mixture out an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, stirring halfway through, until light golden and fragrant, 20-22 minutes. Watch the granola carefully in the last few minutes of baking and remove if it gets darker than a golden brown.
5. Remove granola from oven and immediately add figs (if using), stirring to combine. Allow to cool completely at room temperature. (Granola will be soft when it comes out of the oven but will crisp as it cools.) Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Original Source: http://inquiringchef.com/2013/02/11/chai-spice-granola-with-almonds-and-coconut/