No Bake Chai Spiced Tart
Posted on Saturday, July 08 2017 08:00:00 AM in Chai Protein by Stevie Alger
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 tablespoons Chai Protein
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cardamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, melted
- In a food processor add the crust ingredients and pulse until you obtain a mixture that will adhere together.
- Transfer the mixture to a removable pie pan of your choice. I used a rectangular one. Press the mixture to the bottom of the pan without going up the sides.
- Add the filling ingredients to the food processor and pulse until you obtain a homogenous mixture. About 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and spread evenly. Arrange the chopped pecans around the edge of the pie and freeze for about 3-5 hrs.
- Take the pie out of the freezer and drizzle the chocolate over the pie and serve.
NOTE: Store tart in the freezer and take out 30 minutes before serving.