Vegan Chai Protein Nut Bars
Posted on Wednesday, February 13 2019 02:08:00 PM in Chai Protein by Customer Care Chai Protein
DELICIOUS, HEALTHY AND EASY TO MAKE! PERFECT FOR A SNACK OR SOMETHING LIGHT WHEN YOU'RE ON THE GO!
1 cup oats
1 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
4 scoops Chai Protein
1/2 cup walnuts crumbled with your hands*
1/2 cup almonds*
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup pepitas
2 tablespoons maple syrup**
2 tablespoons coconut oil
100g vegan chocolate
* activated or raw is best
** can substitute with preferred sweetener
1. Measure the dry ingredients out into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Combine the peanut butter, almond butter, syrup and oil in a heatproof bowl over a gently boiling pot of water. Stir to melt together.
3. Once melted together, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. The consistency should be dry but not crumbly. Add more coconut oil if required.
4. Press the mixture firmly into a slice tray lined with baking paper.
5. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over gently boiling water.
6. Pour melted chocolate on top of your slice and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle cacao nibs on top to taste.
7. Set in the fridge for 30mins (minimum) before slicing into bars.
NOTE: Chocolate and cacao nibs are optional and you can experiment with different nuts, fruits, seeds, protein powders and toppings!
Original source: @ellectricelle